Indiana Personal Appearance
Indiana requires tanning salon facilities to be licensed by the State Board of Cosmetology and Barber Examiners.For information about obtaining your Indiana tanning facility license, click the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency link below:
Beauty Culture Professional License
Indiana requires beauty culture professionals to be licensed by the State Board of Cosmetology and Barber Examiners.
For information about obtaining your Indiana beauty culture license, click the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency link below:
In May 2013, Indiana House Bill 1477 became Public Law 170 and went into effect on July 1, 2013 – Licensure, Laws and Regulations – July 2013:
- Uses the term “beauty culture professional” when referring to barber, cosmetology, esthetician, manicurist, and electrology licenses collectively.
- Combines the barber and cosmetology school salon, and instructor licenses into beauty culture licenses.
- Provides for barber programs in beauty culture schools.
- Creates the state board of cosmetology and barber examiners compliance fund.
- Repeals the instructor and barber instructor license and combines the licenses into a single instructor license.
- Repeals the following school licenses and combines them into beauty culture schools: (1) Barber. (2) Cosmetology.
- Repeals the following salon licenses and combines them into a single beauty culture salon license: (1) Electrology salon. (2) Cosmetology salon. (3) Esthetic salon. (4) Manicurist salon. (5) Barber shop.
- Repeals temporary work permits for: (1) cosmetology; (2) electrology; (3) esthetics; and (4) manicuring.
- Repeals provisions setting the number of hours of instruction in electrology required in order to perform electrolysis and allows the board to set the number of hours required.
- Repeals provisions that allows the board to waive certain licensing requirements for licensure as a cosmetologist.
- Repeals provisions concerning limits on reexamination for a manicurist license, and provides that the board sets standards for reexamination.
- Repeals the following temporary licenses: (1) Barber. (2) Barber instructor. (3) Esthetician. Makes conforming changes.
Indiana barber licenses are now combined with cosmetology under the Indiana Beauty Culture license.
Indiana requires massage therapists to be licensed by the State Board of Massage Therapy. For information about obtaining your Indiana beauty culture or massage therapist license, click the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency link below:
Our online questionnaire works great on smart phones, tablets, desktops and laptops.
Just click to get started…
- Complete the questions
- Click “Submit” when you’re done.
- You’ll get a “Thank you” screen to tell you we received the form.
Phone or email Kevin Morency if you have any questions.
By taking the time to discuss your needs, Kevin can tailor an affordable business insurance solution that offers peace of mind, yet still deliver a quote quickly.