Hair Stylist Insurance
Beauty culture professionals who focus on hair care go by many different names–hair stylist, hair dresser, beautician, beauty consultant, barber–and even by specialties…cuts, up-do’s, highlights, perms, colorist, extensionist, hair braiding.
Whether you work as the owner, employee, independent contractor or rent your chair, our specialty salon and spa insurance can protect your business.
We’ve provided these FAQs to help you understand the distinction in coverage between employee and independent contractor.
It’s easy to get started on your quote.
Our online questionnaire works great on smart phones, tablets, desktops and laptops.
To receive your quote…
- Complete the questions
- Click “Submit” when you’re done.
- You’ll get a “Thank you” screen to tell you we received the form.
- Quick turnaround on quote – usually 1 business day
- Payment plan available
Phone or email Kevin Morency if you have any questions.
By taking the time to discuss your needs, we can tailor an affordable business insurance solution that offers peace of mind, yet still deliver a quote quickly.
Insurance Program Highlights
(Barber, Beautician, Colorist, Extensionist, Hair Braider, Hair Dresser, Hair Stylist)
- General Liability with limits to $1 million
- Professional Liability (E&O Insurance) – included
- Loss of Business Income (no waiting period or deductible)
- Employment Practices Liability
- Professional License Review – $2,500 per review, $5,000 aggregate
- Property at Conventions, Fairs or Exhibits
- Medical Payments ($10,000 per person)
- Computers and Media
- Building Owner as Additional Insured
- Employees as Automatic Insureds
- Volunteers as Automatic Insureds
- Employees as Additional Insured
- Defense costs outside the limits
- Commercial and Personal Auto
- Umbrella – up to $10,000,000
- Workers’ Compensation
Requirements – Licensed or certified by the state as required
- Acupuncture, botox, cellulite reduction
- Laser equipment
- Permanent cosmetic services
- Tattooing and body piercing (other than earlobe)
- Medical advice and services