Tennessee Personal Appearance
Under current Tennessee law, children under 14 can use a tanning bed if they’re accompanied by a parent who signs a warning statement. A current bill in the Tennessee General Assembly would raise the age to 16 as long as a parent gives permission in person.
The Tennessee Board of Cosmetology and Barber Examiners regulates the the licensing and registration of cosmetologists, instructors, aestheticians, manicurists, natural hair stylists, cosmetology shops, master barbers, barber instructors, barber shops, and barber and cosmetology schools.
The primary objective of the Board is the safety and welfare of the public. The board members inspect all schools regularly explaining and emphasizing the importance of teaching sanitation requirements. Field inspectors inspect both barber and cosmetology schools and shops on an annual and more often as needed basis, for proper sanitation and unlicensed activity.
For information about obtaining your Tennessee license, click a link below:
- Aesthetician License Requirements
- Skin Care Shop License Requirements
- Cosmetologist License Requirements
- Cosmetology Instructor License Requirements
- Cosmetology Shop License Requirements
- Manicurist License Requirements
- Manicure Shop License Requirements
- Manicure/Skin Care Shop License Requirements
- Natural Hair License Requirements
- Master Barber License Requirements
- Barber Technician License Requirements
- Barber Instructor License Requirements
- Barber Instructor Assistant License Requirements
- Barber Shop License Requirements
- School Licensing Requirements
Tennessee requires massage therapists to be licensed by the Department of Health, https://www.tn.gov/health/health-program-areas/health-professional-boards/ml-board.html.
When you need insurance for your Tennessee business, it’s easy to get started on your quote.
Our online questionnaire works great on smart phones, tablets, desktops and laptops.
Just click to get started…
To receive your quote…
- Complete the questions
- Preview your answers
- Click “Submit” when you’re done.
- You’ll get a “Thank you” screen to tell you we received the form.
Phone or email Kevin Morency or Rebecca Morency if you have any questions. By taking the time to discuss your needs, we can tailor an affordable business insurance solution that offers peace of mind, yet still deliver a quote quickly.